Prepared by the Animal Waste Containment Committee of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute of ASCE.
Animal Waste Containment in Lagoons provides a comprehensive view of the state-of-the-art practice of animal waste containment and gives directions for future research techniques. Topics Include: Fate of nitrogen compounds in animal waste lagoons; Seepage and transport through anaerobic lagoon liners; Clogging of animal waste lagoon liners; Evaluating seepage losses and liner performance at animal waste lagoons using water balance methods; Use of coal combustion by-products as low permeability liners for manure storage facilities; and Air quality issues associated with livestock production.
Practitioners in the following disciplines: water resources, environmental, geotechnical, and agricultural engineering will find this manual to be very beneficial.
ASCE Book Series
- ASCE Press
- CDRM Monographs (disaster/risk)
- GPP (geotechnical proceedings)
- GSP (geotechnical proceedings
- Infrastructure Resilience Publications (IRP)
- Lecture Notes in Mechanics
- Manuals of Practice
- Society Special Publications
- Cold Regions Engineering Division (CRED)
- TCLEE Monographs
(lifelines & earthquakes)
- Technical Reports
- TEMSP (engineering mechanics